I thought I would share 5 tips that I have found helpful with pet loss and to memorialize your pet.
1. Start a new daily ritual. Take your favorite photo of your pet and put it beside your bed. Say hello each morning.
2. Take an object that you can relate to your pet with you each day. Place collar tags on your key chain or wear a cremains pendant near your heart.
3. Make a keepsake. You can write a poem or make a scrapbook. Carve your pet’s name into a garden stone.
4. Give back. Make a donation in your pet’s name to your local SPCA or your other favorite pet cause.
5. Plant a memorial garden. Plant a new tree or create a memorial garden in your pet’s name.